To the tune of “Singin in the Rain” (this is the second verse; worse than the first):
I am walking in the rain
Correction. A hurricane
Thunder crashing ’round me
Outdoor potty is my bane
Summer I’d like to forget
Please send me back to Tibet
Sarasota is insane
I’m still walkin’
Walkin’ in the rain
My name is Karma and I’m a Tibetan Terrier who was raised as a snowy dog in upstate New York. But now I live in tropical Sarasota and have become a salty dog with opinions about a dog’s life here.
So, for now, here’s what I have to say…
A paws up for:
* Dog-friendly places like Oleary’s Tiki Bar, Whitaker Park, and Bird Key Park.
* Main Street store owners who put out bowls with fresh water for us thirsty canines.
* The SunTrust Bank on Whitfield and University that hands out biscuits when my owners use the drive-up window.
A growl at:
* Having to get my Kennel Cough vaccination not once but twice a year. (I know that groomers and boarders are protecting us, but really, you snort the stuff twice a year!)
* Dog dresses and outfits: Hey we have fur and we have descended from wolves!!! We are not a toy or your baby. Unless it’s Halloween, don’t do it. Grrrrr.